1 months ago
Released on - 6 May 2019
The following information is very much important to foreigners who are travelling to Nepal vis-à-vis Nepalese nationals who are visiting abroad. This information is intended to make your visit and stay in Nepal hassle free and smooth. If these instructions are duly complied, your travel and stay would be enjoyable and comfortable without facing any legal questions.
1. If you are trying to get the departure together with a Nepali National or minor accompanied in your own liability then make sure that you are permitted by the concerned authority in Nepal. Nepal Immigration shall inquire on such matters as well.
(यदि तपाई कुनै विदेशी नागरिकको साथ लागेर विदेश जाँदै हुनुहुन्छ वा तपाईले कुनै नेपाली नागरिक वालिग वा नाबालक साथै लिएर यात्रा गर्दै हुनुहुन्छ भने, सो सँग सम्बन्धित कागजात, सरकारी निकायको सिफारिस, नाता प्रमाणित वा अन्य सम्बद्ध कागजात पेश गर्नु पर्नेछ । अन्यथा प्रस्थान अनुमति दिइने छैन ।)
2. Educational Consultancies, Colleges and Technical/Vocational Institutions are bound to complete all the required process from the concerned government agency. If found not completed then the students will be offloaded. In such cases, the consultancy or the particular institution will be fully liable for the cancellation and compensation of the air tickets as well.
( शैक्षिक संघ-सस्था, प्राविधिक तथा व्यवसायिक शिक्षण सस्थाहरुले अनिवार्य रुपमा सरकारी निकायहरुबाट सम्पूर्ण कानूनी प्रकृया पुरा गर्नुपर्नेछ । अन्यथा यस्ता विद्यार्थीहरुलाई प्रस्थान अनुमति दिइने छैन र सो को क्षतिपूर्ति एवं दायित्व स्वयम् शैक्षिक संस्थाले लिनुपर्नेछ । )
3. Company representatives, business representatives, and sales representatives travelling abroad must prove the genuinity of the documents. If found suspected, the persons will be offloaded and the case will be under investigation.
(कम्पनीका प्रतिनिधिहरु तथा व्यावसायिक प्रतिनिधिहरुले विदेश प्रस्थान गर्न अध्यागमन डेस्कमा पेश गरेको प्रमाणहरुको आधिकारीकता सम्बन्धमा शंका लागेमा प्रस्थान अनुमति इन्कार गरी थप अनुसन्धान गर्न सकिनेछ ।)
4. Recommendation letter from the concerned government agency is mandatory for students travelling abroad for internship or any vocational/non-vocational courses through colleges. Otherwise they will be offloaded. The documents submitted at airport at the time of departure should be genuine and if found suspected then the case will be under investigation.
(नेपाली विद्यार्थीहरु कार्यआवद्धता अथवा व्यवसायीक तालिममा सहभागी हुन वैदेशिक यात्रामा जाँदा अनिवार्य रुपमा आ-आफ्नो शैक्षिक संस्था मार्फत सम्बन्धित सरकारी निकायको सिफारिसमा स्पष्ट रुपमा विदेशमा लानुपर्नाको औचित्य र कारण खुलाइएको पत्र पेश गर्नुपर्नेछ । यस्तो पत्र पेश नभएमा वा पेश भएका प्रमाणहरुको आधिकारीकता सम्बन्धमा शंका लागेमा प्रस्थान अनुमति इन्कार गरी थप अनुसन्धान गर्न सकिनेछ।)
5. If your passport is found torn, soaked and damaged then such passports will not be entertained. The passport bearer is liable to make new passport or travel document.
(भिजेको, च्यातिएको वा विग्रिएको राहदानी स्वीकार अध्यागमन डेष्कले यात्रा अनुमतिका लागि प्रयोग गर्नेछैन ।यस्तो अवस्थामा राहदानी वाहकले नयाँ राहदानी वा यात्रा अनुमतिपत्र पहिले नै बनाई सकेको हुनुपर्नेछ ।)
6. Make sure that your passport validity is at least 6 months and more.
(यात्रा गर्दा राहदानीको म्याद कम्तिमा ६ महिना बाँकी हुनुपर्नेछ।)
7. Our mandate is restricted to passenger clearance. Clearance of dutiable goods including gold, liquor, and foreign currency does not fall under the jurisdiction of Immigration Department.
(अध्यागमन विभागको कार्य यात्रीहरुको आगमन र प्रस्थान सँग मात्र सम्बन्धित रहने हुँदा निजहरुको सामान जस्तै सुन, मदिरा जन्य पदार्थ, विदेशी मुद्रा आदीको निकासी / पैठारी जस्ता विषयहरु यस विभागको अधिकारक्षेत्र भित्र पर्दैनन्। अध्यागमन डेष्कबाट यी विषयहरु हेरिने छैन । नेपालको भन्सार प्रशासनले यी विषयहरु हेर्ने गर्दछ ।)
8. Immigration Office at Tribhuvan International Airport is not associated with baggage collection ( tempered, torn or delayed), flights delays and others. It is solely responsible only for immigration related affairs.
(यात्रीहरुको मालसामान च्यातिएमा, हराएमा, ढिला गरी प्राप्त भएमा, उडान ढिलाई वा रद्ध जस्ता विषयहरु अध्यागमन सँग विल्कुलै असम्बन्धित विषयहरु हुन् ।)
1. The Nepalese visa will be available from our embassies abroad, consular general offices and a few number of honorary consul offices also. We recommend the travelers to visit the missions abroad either yourself or please get the information through those mission’s websites which will be an authentic one.
2. If you are entering Nepal either from the land port or airports make sure that you have duly got departure stamped from the last port. If you have not got the departure stamped then it is a matter of inquiry for our Immigration.
3. If your passport or Travel Document has special remarks or the particular sentence of conviction, such matters shall also be our concern of inquiry and we put under the consideration regarding the visa issuance.
4. If your passport is found torn, soaked and damaged then such passports will not be entertained. The passport bearer is liable to make new passport or travel document.
5. Make sure that your passport validity is at least 6 months and more
6. While staying in Nepal, if you are willing to change the visa status, please visit our website and get informed or you can visit the department. The information you receive from other people may not be correct or may be misguiding.
7. If you are inside Nepal with valid visa, you always need to carry your passport with you.
8. If you are travelling to Nepal from one domestic airport to another airport, before buying flight ticket get your visa updated.
9. If your passport or Travel Document is enlisted in SLTD (Stolen and Lost Travel Document), you will not receive the visa in Nepal. It’s your obligation to remove your name from SLTD before arriving Nepal.
10. If you were in a temporary blacklist or INTERPOL notice then you will be under the further investigation and scrutiny.
11. If you are a NRN (Non Resident Nepali), you also need to regulate your visa as per the visa law in Nepal. Otherwise it will be the subject of immigration control.
12. If you are travelling with NRI (Non-Resident Indian) Identity, you must take the designated visa as per the visa law in Nepal.
13. Before the departure from Nepal, make sure that your visa is duly updated. If found overstay then the case will be handled by the Department of Immigration (DoI) but not the airport and any other land ports in Nepal.
14. Nepal Immigration is never ever responsible for the cancelation of your flights because of non-regulation of the visa matters. It’s only the traveler’s liability to fulfill the visa dues before the travelling dates.
15. If you were travelling Nepal with one travel document on which you got the prior visa, it will be always convenient for you to show the same document during the departure. If lost or because of some unavoidable circumstance, you must first finish the course of visa transfer before your departure dates. (For visa transfer visit the Department of Immigration).
16. It will be more convenient for visa applicant to have a printed copy of your online visa application through online portalhttps://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np prior coming to the entry points and Department of Immigration.
17. Our mandate is restricted to passenger clearance. Clearance of dutiable goods including gold, liquor, and foreign currency does not fall under the jurisdiction of Immigration Department.
18. Immigration Office at Tribhuvan International Airport is not associated with baggage collection ( tempered, torn or delayed), flights delays and others. It is solely responsible only for immigration related affairs.
19. If you are trying to get the departure together with a Nepali National or minor accompanied in your own liability then make sure that you are permitted by the concerned authority in Nepal. Nepal Immigration shall inquire on such matters as well.
20. Foreigners travelling to Nepal by land are obliged to visit our designated immigration offices at border points whichever is convenient - either for on-arrival visa or arrival/departure certification. Entering Nepal without immigration clearance is subjected to legal actions.
Designated Immigration Offices :
21. Travel agencies and tour operators are also informed to check the passports along with a Nepalese valid visa before the issuance of tickets of foreign nationals.
22. We always respect and welcome the foreigners visiting Nepal and expect you to respect the visa law in Nepal.
23. Our officers are ready to serve you and we try to create the hassle free clearance at the Immigration Check Points.